Fee Reductions
There are two types of fee reductions available through Kids Biz that can reduce the amount you pay for child care services, the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR). Both of these reductions are regulated by the Australian Government and require both the child attending and a parent or guardian of the child to have a customer reference number (CRN) available through the Family Assistance Office (contact number 13 6150). You can only receive these official fee reductions from approved child care service providers, like Kids Biz. Approved child care service providers must adhere to stringent service standards set out under the Federal Government's National Quality Framework.
Child Care Rebate


The Child Care Rebate assists parents or guardians who are working, studying or undertaking an eligible training course with their out of pocket child care costs and is paid in addition to any Child Care Benefit entitlements. To receive the Child Care Rebate you must register for the Child Care Benefit using the Customer Reference Numbers (CRNs) for both yourself and your child. You must also provide the CRNs and dates of birth to your child care provider before care is provided so your rebate can be processed quickly.
There is no income test for the Child Care Rebate, with up to 50% of your out-of-pocket child care costs met by the Australian Government.

How to claim the child care rebate

Do you currently receive Child Care Benefit and the Child Care Rebate?

  • YES - You will need to provide the CRN and date of birth for both your child and their linked parent or guardian to Kids Biz on your booking form. Child Care Rebate payments will then be paid into your nominated back account by the Family Assistance Office or directly to Kids Biz depending on the preference you have advised to the Family Assistance Office (if you have not advised a preference the rebate will be paid directly to you).
  • NO - You need to register with the Family Assistance Office so that you can receive your Child Care Rebate. Kids Biz cannot process CCR reductions unless you have provided valid CRN details for your child and yourself (or the parent / guardian that the child is linked to in the under the government system).

There are multiple options for receiving your Child Care Rebate which include fortnightly or quarterly payments. The CCR payment options must be arranged with the Family Assistance Office and payments will be possible once your child care usage/attendance details have been provided from your approved child care service/s (including Kids Biz).

For more information
If you would like further information on the Child Care Rebate or the Child Care Benefit or to discuss your personal circumstances, please call the Family Assistance Office on 13 61 50, visit your nearest Family Assistance Office   or click on the links below.

Copyright (c)2006 KidsBiz Holidays Hosting by Webcity